The purpose of this programme is to provide entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs in the small, medium and micro enterprise (SMME) sector with the technical, business, managerial and personal skills needed to create and sustain a business. This qualification is available to individuals who do not have formal training and are working in or wish to work in or manage a SMME business.
Why you should enroll
This programme will help aspiring entrepreneurs and mid-career professionals understand the process of starting a new business or creating new business opportunities within established organizations. Recipients of this qualification will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and create a new venture.
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal skills required in a business environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic economics within a market economy.
- Manage a new venture by applying business principles and techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of leadership and management.
What this course offers:
These are the topics covered in the Certificate in New Venture programme:
- The Entrepreneurial Mind – Crafting a Personal Entrepreneurial Strategy
- The Entrepreneurial Process
- Clean Commerce and Sustainable Enterprise Movements as an Opportunity for Change
- Opportunity Recognition
- Opportunities for Social Entrepreneurship
- The Business Plan
- The Entrepreneurial Leader and The Team
- Ethical Decision‐Making and The Entrepreneur
- Resource Requirements
- Entrepreneurial Financing
- Obtaining Venture and Growth Capital
- The Deal: Valuation, Structure and Negotiation
- Obtaining Debt Capital
Who is this course for?
- Individuals/teams who wish to explore a new business idea
- People who want an insight into the life of an entrepreneur
- Company founders who want to expand their network