This course aims to equip students with professional knowledge and skills that enable them to care for children and give them a better start to life. Graduates of this programme shall work with children from birth through age 6 in day care centres and at home. The student will learn how to create a nurturing, safe environment where every child thrives. They will study how children develop and plan age-appropriate activities that foster their development. It will thus develop capacity in childcare at home, daycare centres, at pre-school, or primary school level.
What we offer
As a student of Certificate Level 4 in Child Care you will:
- Benefit from the holistic teaching approach that instills not just the knowledge but the practical skills that will be deployed throughout your career.
- Leverage on opportunities to learn directly from peers and professionals in the industry through exchange programmes, internships and industrial training placements.
- Graduate with an internationally recognized qualification from Botho University that will see you become a qualified and competitive professional in your respective industry.
Who is this course for?
Our Certificate Level 4 in Child Care course is a great fit if you’re:
- Passionate about children and childcare
- Patient and exhibit a level of creativity
- Have good communication, interpersonal and instructional skills
- Daycare or Pre-school Teacher
- Pre-primary School Teacher
- Child Minder
- Daycare/Pre-school and Pre-primary School Administrator