A Computer Engineering student studies the design of systems such as hardware, software, digital systems and computers. They focus on the digital device programming and interfacing between devices and users. Graduates can work in areas which use a combination of embedded software and hardware such as the development of mobile phones, alarm systems and x-ray equipment. They can also carry out Computer system design, Scientific Research and Development, Computer and Electronic Manufacturing, work in Telecommunications, trade and public administration.
What we offer
As a student of BEng (Hons) in Computer Engineering you will:
- Benefit from the holistic teaching approach that instills not just the knowledge but the practical skills that will be deployed throughout your career.
- Leverage on opportunities to learn directly from peers and professionals in the industry through exchange programmes, internships and industrial training placements.
- Graduate with an internationally recognized qualification from Botho University that will see you become a qualified and competitive professional in your respective industry.
Who is this course for?
Our BEng (Hons) in Computer Engineering course is a great fit if you’re:
- Keen on working in computer and electronic manufacturing
- In possession of mathematical, logical, programming and designing skills
- Interested in the designs of systems such as hardware, software and digital systems
- Software Engineer
- Computer Scientist
- Hardware Engineer
- Network Engineer
- System Analyst
- Computer Engineer
- IT Specialist
- IT Professional