Students of this programme study basic computer activities, how to design and develop entity relationship diagrams, creating and querying databases, developing scripts and functions, as well as creating access restrictions and modifications through triggers using SQL Server 2012. They also learn how to create, configure and delete a database using client and administrative tools. They examine Oracle net services and perform the server-side, client-side and shared server configuration; create tablespaces and datafiles, tables and indexes and views and indexes; and implement the loading and unloading of data from external sources using Oracle 12C.
What we offer
As a student of Certificate Level 3 in Database Administration you will:
- Benefit from the holistic teaching approach that instills not just the knowledge but the practical skills that will be deployed throughout your career.
- Leverage on opportunities to learn directly from peers and professionals in the industry through exchange programmes, internships and industrial training placements.
- Graduate with an internationally recognized qualification from Botho University that will see you become a qualified and competitive professional in your respective industry.
Who is this course for?
Our Certificate Level 3 in Database Administration course is a great fit if you’re:
- Keen on learning and working with programming languages
- In possession of good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous, logical and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Database administrator
- Database systems analyst
- Database developer
- Database consultant