The Electrical Engineering programme at Botho University runs for five years with a six-months internship programme where students will be expected to do Professional Practice. There is a need for Electrical Engineers in the Botswana engineering industry in organizations such as the Botswana Power Corporation (BPC), Botswana Telecommunication Corporation (BTC) and Morupule power station as well as many construction companies. Graduates can also seek opportunities in international markets in the above-mentioned areas of specialization.
What we offer
As a student of BEng (Hons) in Electrical Engineering you will:
- Benefit from the holistic teaching approach that instills not just the knowledge but the practical skills that will be deployed throughout your career.
- Leverage on opportunities to learn directly from peers and professionals in the industry through exchange programmes, internships and industrial training placements.
- Graduate with an internationally recognized qualification from Botho University that will see you become a qualified and competitive professional in your respective industry.
Who is this course for?
Our BEng (Hons) in Electrical Engineering course is a great fit if you’re:
- Keen to engineer solutions for electrical problems
- In possession of mathematical, logical, computer and designing skills
- Interested in scientific research and development
- Electrical Engineer
- Telecommunications Engineer
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
- Software Engineer